Everything You Need to Know About Buying Marijuana Seeds in Texas
The Lone Star State is famed worldwide for its sprawling size and brash character. Texas is also a conservative place, though, especially outside of major cities like Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin.
Whereas many other states have forged ahead with marijuana decriminalization and outright legalization, Texas has lagged behind. The situation today is a bit complicated, but ungerminated marijuana seeds are clearly legal to buy and own. A quick look at some of the most significant issues could be helpful for Texans who would like to legally purchase marijuana seeds themselves.
A Conservative State Where Attitudes About Marijuana are Evolving
You might not know it from walking the laid-back streets of the capital city, Austin, but Texas is a politically conservative state. Although residents of the largest cities tend to lean leftwards, many millions who live in smaller towns keep the political balance tilted toward the right.
As a result, recent attempts to decriminalize or legalize marijuana in Texas have met with fairly stiff resistance. As far as pot fans are concerned, though, the situation is improving.
In 2019, a bill that would have decriminalized marijuana possession statewide secured support from a number of prominent Republican legislators. Pragmatism forced the Democrat who introduced the bill to water it down, but the penalties for possession were still lightened up.
Since Texas arrests tens of thousands of people for marijuana-related crimes each year, any kind of progress is welcome. Even the Texas Republican Party’s official platform now calls for decriminalization of marijuana possession, a shift that would have been unthinkable not so long ago. For now, though, Texas remains mostly stuck in the past with regard to the official, legal stance regarding marijuana distribution, possession, and use.
An Attempt to Legalize Hemp Production Adds to the Confusion
Even if many residents of Texas are still committed to keeping marijuana illegal, things are starting to change. Hoping to help farmers throughout the state, for example, Texas legislators in 2019 passed a bill meant to legalize the cultivation and sale of hemp.
Unfortunately for opponents of marijuana, the law was somewhat vague about where to draw the line between industrial hemp and other forms of cannabis. Faced with an inability to test at the required level of precision, police chiefs and prosecutors statewide started declining to press charges against people caught possessing hemp-like substances.
Marijuana Seeds are Legal to Buy and Own Throughout Texas
While things have been making a halting, mixed sort of progress on other fronts, the situation concerning marijuana seeds in Texas has not changed at all in recent years, and it has not had to. As in other states that do not specifically prohibit purchase or possession, it is entirely legal to buy and own marijuana seeds throughout Texas.
The reason for this is simply that ungerminated marijuana seeds do not contain enough psychoactive THC to be considered drugs in their own right. Just like most other Americans, residents of Texas are therefore entitled to obtain and possess marijuana seeds for “souvenir purposes” or other personal reasons.
Several Great Types of Marijuana Seeds for Texans to Consider
Fortunately, there are some convenient, reliable ways for Texans to buy many kinds of marijuana seeds. Some of the types that residents of the Lone Star State most often seek are:
- Marijuana seeds are often sold in lots that include both male and female varieties. As only the female plant is of interest to most growers, buying this type of seed will normally mean needing to do some sexing once flowering begins. Even so, standard marijuana seeds tend to be robust and are often chosen by experienced growers. The seeds produced by standard plants can also be collected for planting or hybridization.
- A process known as “Rodelization” can be used to force marijuana plants to produce only female seeds. Unlike their naturally occurring counterparts, the plants that develop after germination will also be resistant to becoming hermaphroditic. As an especially safe, easy way to guarantee a full crop of female plants, buying Rodelized seeds can be a great option.
- Autoflowering seeds. Growers normally encourage cannabis plants to flower by carefully controlling their exposure to light. Some strains of cannabis, though, will flower automatically once they mature sufficiently. Once again, this can make things easier on growers who lack experience or the time needed to create the conditions required for flowering.
High-Quality Seeds are Readily Available
Whether for feminized, auto-flowering, or standard marijuana seeds, Texans have plenty of excellent options to consider. Some of the specific kinds of seeds that are most popular with buyers in the Lone Star State are:
- Blue Dream Fem. With a nearly perfect rating and a moderate, manageable THC load, Blue Dream Fem is a favorite of Texans looking for feminized marijuana seeds. Blue Dream’s distinctive, blueberry-like aroma is instantly recognizable. The sticky, crystal-coated buds that Blue Dream Fem plants produce contribute to the energetic, uplifting feeling that so many sativa fans savor.
- Auto Bruce Banner Fem. For years, marijuana fans who gravitate toward indica considered the OG Kush strain one of the highlights of the species. The Strawberry Diesel sativa hybrid was hardly less popular among people who prefer a lighter, more focused buzz. The auto-flowering, feminized version of the Bruce Banner strain combines these two classics in a way that made it an instant hit.
- Gorilla Glue. A descendant of several revered strains, Gorilla Glue is a potent hybrid that delivers an intense indica high. Buyers interested in saving seeds for subsequent crops or in hybridizing the strain further opt for the regular version of this popular seed.
Buying Marijuana Seeds in Texas is Easy, Legal, and Fun
While growing, possessing, and using marijuana in Texas is still prohibited by law, there are no such obstacles in the way of people who would like to buy seeds to have as souvenirs. It has never been easier for Texans to browse and purchase marijuana seeds from the comfort of home.
Whether feminized, auto-flowering, both, or regular, our top-quality seeds are ready to be shipped anywhere in Texas. Have a look around the website and you’ll discover many interesting marijuana seeds to buy and collect.