Blueberry strain review
The Blueberry strain is an oldie but a goodie, featuring the glorious taste of your granny’s blueberry pie, and the scintillating effects of a high-THC strain.
This strain is the brainchild of DJ Short, whom many stoners refer to as the Willy Wonka of pot. This type of cannabis is the progeny of three potent varieties, Afghani Indica, Thai Sativa, and Purple Thai Sativa.
Let’s have a look at the benefits of this weed strain, and why Blueberry strain seeds are worth your while.
Blueberry strain (DJ Short’s Original Blueberry)
This variety, sometimes referred to as DJ Short’s Original Blueberry Strain has much to offer any stoner. Before we delve deeper, let’s look at the basic statistics of this strain.
- Type: Hybrid
- THC 15-24%
- CBD: 0.1-1%
- Top reported effects: Relaxed, euphoric, uplifted
- Top reported flavors: Blueberry, vanilla, woody
- Flowering time: 8-10 weeks
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Indoor Yield: 1.5 oz. / ft2
- Outdoor Yield: up to 25 oz. per plant
The true Blueberry strain has a rich aroma, smelling of vanilla and berries. The scent translates to the flavor profile, and your first toke will whisk you away to a world of sweet-smelling bliss.
If you like vanilla ice cream and blueberry sundaes, then you’ll adore the flavor explosion of the Blueberry weed.
Weed grown from Blueberry seeds features all the taste sensations of creamy vanilla, along with the ripe, fruity sweetness of a sun-ripened blueberry.
Many smokers report that the Blueberry marijuana strain has strong mental and physical effects. With its THC content of up to 24%, the effects are hardly surprising. The 1% CBD also helps contribute to a relaxed physical state.
The Blueberry strain potency lends itself to many uses, including relaxation, sedative effects, pain management, and stress relief. This variety is an ideal type of cannabis for use before bed and will carry you through the night stress and pain-free.
If you smoke this weed type, you may find yourself couch-locked. Short-term side-effects like cottonmouth and dry eyes may occur but are easy to manage.
Smokers who suffer from THC sensitivity would do well to take small doses or find a variety with a lower THC content. In these cases, the Blueberry weed strain can cause heightened anxiety, dizziness, and even extreme paranoia.
Blueberry grow information
Let’s run through a fundamental Blueberry strain growing guide, so you know how to care for your new weed seeds.
Most experts consider this marijuana variety an intermediate variety. While they wouldn’t suggest that beginners choose the Blueberry to grow, it’s also not an expert variety. Once you have one or two weed types under your belt, give this one a go.
The Blueberry yield is moderately high, with each plant producing approximately 25 ounces outdoors (in ideal conditions). When you grow indoors, you can expect up to 1.5 ounces per square foot.
The average flowering time for this variety is nine weeks. In some cases, you might harvest as early as eight weeks or as late as 10.
This plant isn’t fond of getting wet. If you want to grow the Blueberry cannabis outdoors, it does best in a sunny Mediterranean or temperate type environment.
Blueberry seeds, whether feminized, autoflower, or regular, turn into hungry plants. While these plants do well in a screen of green (ScroG) and hydroponic setups, nutrients are essential.
We recommend a full mix, like the cannabis nutrients standard pack, which includes nutrients (nutes) for every stage of your weed plant’s life.
If you prefer to grow Blueberry marijuana using a veganic approach, the organic nutrient pack is an excellent choice.
The Blueberry strain is easy to grow as long as you give it adequate nutrients and curb mold growth.
The Blueberry weed strain comes from a long line of prominent marijuana varieties. Among them are both the Aghani and Thai strains.
Blueberry genetics are nothing if not complicated. We’ve constructed this table to show you the details of this poignant three-way cross.
|Indica Afghani||Blueberry Strain|
|Purple Thai Sativa|
Blueberry seeds to buy near you
The Blueberry strain is well-loved, and we stock several different types. You may find interest in these varieties:
- Feminized Blueberry seeds — This excellent variant of the Blueberry is almost guaranteed to produce female marijuana plants. The resulting bushes are still photosensitive and require changes in the light cycle to trigger flowering.
- Feminized Autoflower Blueberry seeds — Possibly the best Blueberry strain on the market. These seeds typically produce female cannabis plants and have no dependency on light changes to trigger flowering.
- Regular Blueberry — The original Blueberry strain. Seeds may produce male or female weed plants, and the bushes rely on light changes to trigger the flowering stage.
Blueberry strain reviews
Considering that the strain Blueberry is exceptionally popular, it’s no wonder that it receives many rave reviews. Have a look at what our customers have to say about this cannabis whizzkid.
Richard Moret — Five Stars
For a auto plant it sure did grow big and put on tons of buds ! Flushing them now, can’t wait to weigh final product.
Kevin G — Five Stars
This was my first attempt at growing cannabis. I bought three seeds, germinated one and grew it to harvest. I still have two remaining seeds which I plan to germinate in the spring.
David — Five Stars
Huge fan, grows nicely and about in the timeframe described.
The last puff
The Blueberry strain is an ideal option for blowing away stress after a long day. Considering how easy this variety is to grow, it appeals to veterans and blades alike.
With its high THC content, low requirements, and high yields, this variety is an excellent gateway to growing more advanced strains.
At i49, we stock a vast array of Blueberry seeds, as well as varieties developed from it. Examples include:
- Blueberry Headband strain seeds — A distant descendant of the true Blueberry weed, with a high THC content and excellent Blueberry flavor.
- Blueberry OG strain fem seeds — A robust and relaxing variety with roots in the Blueberry strain.
- Blueberry Badazz OG fem seeds — An excellent variety with a THC content of 22%. This strain has a rich mix of Blueberry and citrus flavors which lead to a relaxing high.
- Blueberry X White Widow fem seeds — The feminized version of this Blueberry marijuana hybrid offers the best of both worlds. It will strip away your pain and stress, leaving you in a world of joy.
For other cannabis strains like this one, check out our High-THC seeds. There’s no better time than the present to grow your own.