Sour Diesel strain review
The Sour Diesel strain has been around for decades. It’s a popular toke for famous rappers such as Wiz Khalifa and Redman.
Just what is it about this high THC, 2012 High Times Cannabis Cup winner, with a mysterious history that makes it such a popular strain?
Get ready, you’re about to find out.
Sour Diesel strain (Sour D, Sour Deez, East Coast Sour )
Sour Diesel has been around since the 1990s. Its mysterious lineage is the topic of many theories by experts in the industry. Here’s what we do know for sure:
- Type: Sour Diesel Fem: Sativa dominant, Auto Sour Diesel Fem: hybrid
- THC: Sour Diesel Fem: 24%, Auto Sour Diesel Fem: 23%
- CBD: 0.7%
- Top reported effects: Euphoric, energetic, creative
- Top reported flavors: Citrus, herbal, spicy
- Flowering time: 10-11weeks
- Difficulty: medium to difficult
- Sour Diesel Fem: 1.65 oz/sq ft indoors and 25 oz/plant outdoors,
- Auto Sour Diesel Fem: Indoor 1 oz/sq ft, outdoors 12 oz/plant.
- Dominant terpene: Caryophyllene
Sour Diesel effects
As welcoming as a cold glass of lemonade on a hot day, you’re going to love having your taste buds tantalized by our Sour Diesel strain. Get ready to be taken straight to cloud nine with this gal.
Perfect for relieving muscle pain, this energizing strain leaves its users productive and creative. Much like the Cherry Diesel strain, the Sour Diesel strain is an ideal wake-and-bake partner. If you’re looking to get things done, a toke of this lady is sure to give you the motivation.
Sour Diesel flavors
Like its offspring, the Triple Diesel strain (Sour Diesel X Strawberry Diesel X NYC Diesel), the Sour Diesel marijuana strain is well known for its distinctive smell. If you’re looking to hide your stash or grow room, this lady may just be the one to give you away with her inviting aromas.
You’d think that the strong aroma would indicate an overpowering taste; you couldn’t be more wrong. Sour Diesel’s flavor is like sweet citrus followed by hints of herbal and a touch of spice.
Stock up on water and eye drops when testing this gal. She may leave you with a cottonmouth and dry eyes. This one’s a puff-puff-pass candidate as you don’t want to overdo it, she may be beginner-friendly, but if you smoke too much, you might just be left couch-bound.
Sour Diesel grow information
A little tricky to grow, the marijuana strain Sour Diesel isn’t one for newbies. The Sour Diesel strain flowering time is between 10-11 weeks and needs TLC all the way. If you treat her like a princess, you’ll harvest like a queen. A well-cared-for plant can yield over 1 oz/sq ft indoors and up to 25 oz/per plant outdoors.
The Sour Diesel strain does well in both indoor and outdoor environments. She’s one of the more lanky-looking gals and doesn’t show typical sativa characteristics in her shape. You’ll need to provide her with some guidance through training to preserve her gorgeous leafy branches.
Growing over 4ft tall, some prefer to harvest the Sour Diesel weed strain outside. If you choose a controlled grow setup, you’ll need to provide enough space and light to cover this towering beauties’ canopy.
The marijuana strain Sour Diesel is hungry and will need to be fed throughout her growth cycle. We suggest the i49 Organic Pack to provide your plant with all the lovin’ she needs. In your nutrient pack, you’ll find the following.
- Organic Seedling Booster. To aid in growth and strengthen seedlings, giving them a kick start in life.
- Organic Growtime Fertilizer. Building strong roots and increasing nutrient uptake, this component is sure to help growth when your crop needs it most.
- Organic Flowertime Fertilizer. To assist in the creation of big, juicy buds and give you the harvest of your dreams.
- Organic Plant Booster. All the extra nutrients needed to put your babies one step ahead of the rest.
Sour Diesel strain genetics
The exact origins of the Sour Diesel Weed strain are unknown, but it’s rumored to have been discovered in New York in the 1990s. It’s believed to come from Chemdawg and, or Northern lights and Skunk #1, but the truth is, no one knows for sure.
Sour Diesel strain seeds to buy near you
Can’t wait to get your hands on some Sour Diesel? Once you confirm it’s legal to buy seeds in your area, we’ve got you covered. Our i49 online seeds store has everything you’re looking for and more—our most popular include.
- Sour Diesel Fem: For female guaranteed seeds, removing the hassle of sexing.
- Auto Sour Diesel Fem: Not only do you get female seeds, but these take minimal effort to flower too.
- Sour Diesel X OG Kush Fem: One of the Sour Diesel offspring that provides the best of both worlds. An energized high from a toke and a sedative effect if you smoke a bit more.
Something to think about
There is no more perfect way to start your day than with a puff of the legendary Sour Diesel! You’ll fall in love with her sweet aromas and happy-go-lucky effects. No doubt this lady is gonna leave you wanting more!
The Sour Diesel strain has given rise to many popular strains such as Blueberry Diesel, Lilac Diesel, and Chocolate Diesel. A fantastic all-rounder able to produce sought-after offspring, who could ask for more?
If this article has left you mouth-watering and has you eager to start growing, visit our i49 page and sign up now. We’ll keep you up to date on all the newest strains and nutrients for successful harvests.