The Natural State is home to over 3 million people. Like almost everywhere else across the US, it has been debating whether to legalize cannabis growth and consumption for medicinal and recreational use. Will you stumble across an Arkansas dispensary in the state?
Is weed legal in Arkansas? In some ways, yes, and others no. Arkansas marijuana laws are a little unclear, even to most state-dwellers.
If you’re one of the many Arkansans hoping to learn about the law when it comes to your favorite pastime, you’re in the right place.
We’re here to clarify state laws in 2021 and give you some of our expert tips on growing the juiciest buds from marijuana seeds in Arkansas indoors and outdoors. We’ll also let you in on our recommendations for the best strains to grow in your state.
Want to know how to buy legal cannabis seeds in Arkansas? We’ve got you covered. Find out where to purchase marijuana seeds to start growing ganja at home. Let’s jump right in!
Is it legal to buy and grow cannabis seeds in Arkansas?
Is weed legal in Arkansas? Yes, you can buy cannabis seeds in Arkansas for home cultivation. You can’t jump in your car and head to the nearest Arkansas dispensary just yet, but you can buy cannabis seeds online without a medical marijuana card.
As with many southern regions, the Natural State isn’t as weed-friendly as many other parts of the US. Still, you can find a reputable online Arkansas seed bank and get your favorite strains delivered discreetly to your front door.
Don’t be surprised if local lawmakers make it seem illegal. Many aren’t happy with the fact you can buy marijuana seeds in Arkansas, but don’t let them stop you. You won’t find yourself in jail for purchasing pot online.
Are marijuana seeds illegal in Arkansas for medicinal purposes, or can I buy them to treat medical issues? Since the beginning of 2017, state officials have been pondering whether to legalize cannabis for some specific illnesses or those suffering from severe symptoms, such as:
- Multiple Sclerosis
If this law passes, weed dispensaries will open up state-wide, making room for plenty of cultivation facilities.
Currently, Arkansas medical marijuana laws allow you to consume weed only for medicinal purposes. Possessing just 4 ounces or less can wind you up in a jail cell or set you back $2,500.
Over 4 oz is a felony, which means you could face three years behind bars and receive a $10,000 fine. So, for those wondering, “can you buy cannabis seeds in Arkansas for recreational use?” not yet. This law doesn’t stop many marijuana enthusiasts from having high hopes for the future.
Should you grow weed indoors or outdoors in Arkansas?
Once cannabis is legal in the state and you can purchase from an Arkansas marijuana dispensary, the state has a massive potential to grow these plants. When the law passes, you’ll be able to cultivate your own crops and harvest some fat buds for your enjoyment.
The climate here is subtropical and boasts the perfect humidity for growing cannabis seeds in Arkansas. This doesn’t mean you can cultivate all year round, and we recommend you harvest your cannabis plants before the end of November. Cool temperatures can spoil your plants.
Should you grow marijuana seeds in Arkansas indoors or outdoors? It’ll depend on what the Arkansas marijuana laws state, but let’s weigh up both options in case you have options.
Indoor weed growing advantages include:
- Total control over the cultivating environment. In your marijuana grow room, you get to decide how much heat and light your cannabis plants get. You can also avoid using pesticides and other harmful substances.
- Easy stealth growing. Nosy neighbors are often a problem, and occasionally thieves might be after your crops. Keeping your weed plants indoors means no one needs to know about your hobby.
- Set up your crops in any part of your home. Not everyone has the space for a massive weed grow room. If you live in an apartment, you can easily cultivate cannabis seeds in Arkansas in your wardrobe.
- Grow marijuana year-round. As you’re controlling every aspect of the environment, you don’t need to depend on seasons, meaning you can enjoy winter harvests while outdoor weed growers are longing for a joint.
Outdoor cannabis growing benefits include:
- Save money on expensive equipment. Grow lights, dehumidifiers, and AC can burn a hole in your pocket. Outside, you have the sun, wind, and rain to help you.
- No height restrictions. Your weed is free to grow as tall as it likes, and you don’t need to opt for a SOG or ScrOG method that could potentially cause harm.
- Bigger yields. With all the space you have outside, you can likely expect more juicy buds from your cannabis seeds in Arkansas than if you grew indoors.
- Do your bit for our planet. You won’t need to power high voltage lights and other equipment that uses lots of energy.
- Gardening therapy. Those with a green thumb agree that getting outside and planting cannabis is very relaxing.
The state’s warm and humid climate allows marijuana seeds in Arkansas to grow to their full potential and produce delicious, juicy buds. Summer is the best time of year to plant outdoors, but cultivating marijuana indoors works just as well all year round.
Cannabis seeds in Arkansas will thrive in the humidity, and your plant’s pores will open fully and breathe more carbon dioxide to grow faster. What more could a marijuana gardener want?
Despite all the benefits of this subtropical environment, you’ll need to keep an eye out for mold. Too much humidity is what fungus loves best, and your cannabis crops could become a breeding ground. Moldy weed spreads rapidly and can damage an entire yield in days.
Best strains to grow in Arkansas
Cannabis is well-known for its hardy nature and the fact that it can grow in all types of climates and environments. Still, you’ll find that certain strains fare better in certain parts of the US.
In southern states, sativa seeds tend to thrive better than indica breeds. If you’re hopeful that legal weed is on the horizon, consider the following cannabis seeds to buy from an Arkansas dispensary or online.
Bonus tip: Buying feminized seeds makes it more likely that you’ll enjoy juicy buds, as there’s a 99% chance your cannabis plants will be female. You can also opt for auto or fast flowering weed to harvest your crops in as little as eight weeks.
Where to buy cannabis seeds in Arkansas
You know that state marijuana laws don’t allow for Arkansas dispensaries just yet, but internet shopping is perfectly legal
You’ll need to find a reputable marijuana seed bank online to ensure you’re purchasing high-quality cannabis seeds in Arkansas. These sites boast a massive range of seeds for sale, making it easy to find the perfect strain.
Whether you’re looking for high THC seeds or want something with more CBD, you’ll be able to buy it.
So, although we know the answer to “Is weed legal in the state?” isn’t a resounding yes quite yet, you can safely buy marijuana seeds in Arkansas online and save them for when the momentous day finally arrives.